Before you even begin to know the answer to the question, “Is NordVPN good for downloading or streaming?” we should first clear some misconception about the terms. The words downloading and streaming are often used interchangeably, but they actually refer to two different processes. Downloading refers to copying a file or data from the internet or other device into your computer or phone. Streaming is the constant influx of data from the internet into your device and no copying is done. Speed has no direct relationship with bandwidth. There are advantages and disadvantages to both processes with the common ground that they are both data-intensive.
Although more known as a VPN security specialist, the service provider has an admirable VPN connection speed as well. Even with the existence of reduced Internet speed that comes with VPN usage, NordVPN still provides their customers with excellent speed to meet their downloading and streaming needs. Besides the loss in speed is spent on extra security features.
Factors that could answer the Question: Is NordVPN Good for Downloading or Streaming?
- Unlimited speed and bandwidth. Speed is bit rate of transporting data while bandwidth refers to the amount of bits available for use. Speed is affected after data passes through a VPN but has an advantage also, in terms of security. The issue on bandwidth occurs when providers intentionally reduce usage to accommodate the huge volume of users, as if the available bandwidth is subdivided among them. NordVPN boasts of unlimited speed and bandwidth.
- Geographically distributed server network. A multitude of optimized servers spread throughout strategic locations around the world offer better overall downloading and streaming activities. Torrenting, a form of downloading but utilizes chunks of data from several servers, clearly benefits from distributed servers, special in terms of geographical restrictions and server congestion solution. Also, try to download and stream from a nearby service location to avoid interruptions and ping spikes.
- No censorship issues or geo-restrictions. Contents from countries with censorship issues or those with geographical restrictions are impossible to access without NVP and slower to access with NVP. Subscribing with NordNVP provides you with seamless browsing experience when there are no censorships or geo-restrictions.
- Torrent supported. An important feature that NordNVP offers to its client is torrent support. This feature allows you with access to unlimited torrents with just one click of the mouse. It also lets you achieve reliable anonymity and 100% protection against malicious hackers, DMCA, copyright infringement warnings and obtrusive unauthorized ISP surveillance.
- Streaming add-on components. These optional add-ons makes video movie-watching on sites like NetFlix and Hulu an awesome experience with up to 60 Mbps speed boost. But still, this does not answer the question, “Is NordVPN good for downloading or streaming?”
To answer the issue, “Is NordVPN good for downloading or streaming?” would be difficult because there are other factors that comes into play when the actual VPN experience happens. Add-ons that relate to streaming are optional and may or may not be available to NordVPN clients. These add-ons substantially elevate the quality of streaming. Unless servers are fully optimized, there may be some dips in VPN performance. NordVPNs downloading and streaming capability is rated high in the industry, even if security is its forte.